Tuesday, November 16, 2010

TALK IS CHEAP VS ALL DAY

It's a great shame that not many people know about the Mashup masterminds from the ATL known as Ludachrist. Their first mixtape, Bangfest, came out in between the release of Girl Talk's Night Ripper and Feed The Animals and displayed the same kind of creative and tedious arrangement of cut up samples that can create a frenzy on the dance floor. I personally would use parts of Bangfest for my own DJ sets and they always proved to be the most crowd pleasing parts of my set. So I guess its fitting that their new mixtape, Talk Is Cheap, would be released so closely to Girl Talk's super anticipated All Day. Well I finally got to check them both out and unfortunately I'm not too impressed with either album. Of the two I would say All Day is more consistent and Talk is Cheap has more explosive moments but also some not so bright ones. Nasty K suggested that Mashup music today may be played out, which I honestly think is the case. The whole thrill of the prior releases just isn't there. Night Ripper, Feed The Animals and Bangfest were all awesome trips with shocks at every corner but nothing is shocking anymore. My suggestion to you all is to listen to Bangfest if you haven't yet and then check out Talk Is Cheap, it's still a lot fun. I even at times think higher of Bangfest than any Girl Talk album...

Grab Ludachrist's stuff at their website - Worship Ludachrist

2 comments:

  1. this is the best album cover i've ever seen

    ReplyDelete
  2. it really is. i forgot to mention how great of a sense of humor these guys have. their videos on youtube are well worth checking out if you ever find yourself bored.

    ReplyDelete