Sunday, February 13, 2011

A smattering of thoughts



so it was announced a while ago that beck's going to be producing thurston moore's new album.

raj and i had the following conversation:

Raj: jesse where did you find this video
when did thurston moore have a show
me: he was guest hostin
g
on that show
i found it
on youtube
Raj: also
why isn't beck this cool anymore
me: seriously
he became a middle aged man
i think Sea Change probably did it
Raj: emooooooooooo
also have you listened to odd future
me: just a little
that tyler the creator song
yongers
is SO good
that beat
yonkers*
Raj: it's really great
and luckily
he doesn't make any rape jokes
so i don't have to cringe every time i hear it
!
me: yeah those are p awkward
and he talks about killing B.O.B. and Bruno Mars!
Raj: yeah but like
is that even bad
me: i know i'm totally giving him dap for that
Raj: daps
daps all around
also pat is on the blog now
fyi
me: yeah i see!
Raj: panda bear was so hilariously bad at pitchfork festival
me: srsly?
i saw him on the person pitch tour
Raj: he refused to play any old material
and he hadn't actually released any new material
and most of it was just ambient drone
me: so deep
Raj: wooaoaooaa
me: i think the song "drone" on the new one
is probably going to be not good
Raj: lol
the new songs are p good tho
me: drone is only successful when it's not in a pop album i think
otherwise it's just like trying to state your likings too much
yeah
the jetty one
so good!
Raj: droooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooone
me: i think my views of panda bear are shifting
i used to be so in awe
because he was like
don't worry about being cool, skateboard and have fun!
and now he's still like that and it's like
oh
ok panda bear
Raj: dude is pretty cranky though
didn't he give an interview where he was like
making person pitch was agony
me: yeah
Raj: or something like that
me: i like that so far this one isn't very sample based
Raj: why you hatin on samples???????
me: no i like them do'nt get me wrong raj!
but i think it would have been v easy
to just make another person pitch
Raj: but
that would be awesome
what
huh
me: would it
Raj: who
me: would it raj
raj i can never think of anything to write about on the blog anymore
Raj: COOLNESS IS HAVING COURAGE
TO DOOO WHAT'S POOP
me: COURAGE TO POOP WHILE UPRIGHT
Raj: jesse
just write
about
beck
and thurston moore
and how they used to be cool
me: did you know beck's producing thurston's new album?
Raj: i don't think i've ever listened to any solo thurston stuff
is it good?
me: i haven't listened to much, i got an album in 07 i think
had some goodn's
i like thurston moore mainly
because of his massive support for the noise community
even though noise is mostly really crappy
Raj: lol
when is the next good album coming out
i feel like it's been a while since anything good
me: no idea
Raj: ughghghghghgh
me: i think i might post this video on the blog
and then just copy this conversation
Raj: cccccccccchhhhhhhhhhat logs
me: chogs
crocs
Raj: crocodile rock
me: your song
Raj: IT WAS ALL A DREAm
HOLD ME CLOSER TINY DANCER
MASHUP
me: girl talk is so cool
have you heard of mashups
Raj: i saw him again a few weeks ago!
it was basically the same!
which was really fun still!
me: he's a party man
Raj: except now he has a confetti snake
me: what does that even mean
?!
Raj: it's a huge plastic tube that bends all over the place
and it's filled with confetti
and eventually some crazy party dudes rip it open
and confetti
me: lol
owellse
oh goodness raj
i saw tron yesterday
Raj: lol
me: lol
i loled so much
Raj: i remember being very confused towards the end
but also thinking it was very dumb
me: why didn't creator dude just make things easy for himself the whole time
Raj: i liked
how
when they have to get to that final teleporter thingy
the journey
involves just sitting on a train
and then they're on the train for like 20 minutes
me: a light beam train
Raj: DRAMA
me: it's cool when there's light beams
Raj: olivia wilde is super super super attractive tho
me: at the end i was kind of like
i want a ducati motorcycle
and to not see this movie
and replace this movie
with a beautiful woman
on a motorcycle
which i am driving
at sunrise
Raj: you know the part that actually was good
the guy who ran the club
was pretty great
actually i barely remember anything other than that and the train
me: daft punk dude
they're so cool
Raj: wooooopopppopopo
me: is it ok that i really don't like daft punk
Raj: NO
me: or am i wrong
Raj: GRAARARARARAR
me: and really i do like daft punk
Raj: it was a p boring score
me: what if GWAR had made the soundtrack
Raj: that is the best idea
the best
Raj: speaking of which
MAKING BEATS?
me: dude
i need to get some audio software
Raj: jesse i just downloaded reason
and it's mostly just same old same old
but the synthesizers
are sooo soooo good
you can do so much cool shit with them
me: i think i also need people with whom to make music
good old synths
Raj: i should actually finish something in reason
mainly i've just been making really cool instruments
and then patting myself on the back
and then quitting
me: what do you use for a midi controller?
Raj: i have a tiny little midi keyboard from wal-mart
it gets the job done
you can actually set up maschine to do a lot of external midi controlling functions
but i haven't bothered
me: i don't have time to figure this all out right now
but hopefully this summer
i'll experiment a bit more
Raj: woop woop woop
wobwobwobwobwobwobwobwobwobwobwob
(dubstep)
me: remember that girl
who got the h1n1 shot
then couldn't walk normally?
Raj: i heard that it was all in her head
me: yeh
it was fake
so let me show you this video
Raj: lollll
i remember laughing really really hard at that video and feeling p bad
me: this one?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8lLqqR2pcws
WOBBLEGIRL - This is how you dance to dubstep
only because she got over it
and that it was psychological
did i feel ok laughing out this
and i laughed
so hard
Raj: aaaaaa
this is so good
honestly
when i saw rusko
this isn't that far from how people were dancing
me: how do you feel about dubstep
these days
Raj: i dunno
certain acts are pretty great
a lot of it is boring
basically the less it depends on the wobble, the better
you know what i mean?
me: yeah
i mean
that's definitely fun sometimes
but i feel like
that's the only reason it's big here
Raj: probably
have you ever heard joker
i like his stuff a lot
me: mhm a bit
Raj: stupid kid is also like 17
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rPmW58Bv7kg
Gorillaz - Doncamatic (feat. Daley) Joker Remix
this is probably my favorite dubstep song
if this even is dubstep
like people say the new james blake is dubstep
so i basically have no idea what the term means now
me: no, i'm p sure he and mount kimbie are now like
that faces of post-dubstep
right?
Raj: that sounds better
me: i think cuz it's leaving the traditional high-pitched voice low end drop stuff
mostly just like
getting all minimalist and whatnot
Raj: i'm confused about what it takes from dubstep, period
me: true
Raj: like the meter, i guess?
i don't know
me: probably because they're from london
Raj: DUBBY
me: post rub a dub dub
bubbrub
Raj: bubsy

1 comment: