Sunday, January 9, 2011

Breakbot keeps me grindin'

So this cat Breakbot has been crankin out fun remixes for a little while, but still no full-lengths from the Frenchman. Part of the ubiquitous Ed Banger family since 2009, Breakbot first popped out with the Happy Rabbit EP in 2007, and just released the Baby I'm Yours EP in 2010, featuring both the title track (which also had a music video animated in fucking watercolors), and the ever so funky "Make You Mine" (originally released on an Ed Banger Christmas promo). The Siriusmo remix of "Baby I'm Yours" isn't too shabby either. The infectious disco of Breakbot is definitely a breath of fresh air for the Ed Banger crew, which after Justice's explosive ride to fame and popularity, had sort of been coasting. While it's derivative stuff, to be sure, Breakbot's disco jams just feel so right. I've had Breakbot on the mind because I only recently came across his 2008 remix of "What's Up, Fatlip" which goes down real smooth. I'd jump at a chance to see the guy live.

Breakbot - Baby I'm Yours (ft. Irfane)

Breakbot - Make You Mine (ft. Irfane)


Fatlip - What's Up Fatlip (Breakbot Remix)

2 comments:

  1. I really like that first song, Andrew.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whenever I sing along to it, I'm singing about you, Jesse.

    ReplyDelete