Wednesday, April 20, 2011

[CHOMPS] 420 Showcase [/CHOMPS]

Happy Holidays to you and yours!



I've been MIA from the SRS BZNZ scene for a minute, but I figured there's no better time than a beautiful April day for a triumphant return. Imma give you my top 5 herbally-enhanced tracks to bump on this holiday of holidays.

Luniz - "I Got 5 on It"
"I gotta take a whiz test to my P-O / I know I failed, 'cause I done smoked major weed, bro."


Die Antwoord - "Dagga Puff"
Yes, I've got a soft spot for the South African duo, but I'll be damned if this isn't one of the best 420 anthems I've ever heard. The childish, sing-song nature of this track is sure to induce squinty-eyed giggles.


Big Boi - "Fo Yo Sorrows"
I don't know what's best: the defiant hook, Big Boi's hot fire, or George Clinton's grumbling chronic rhymes. I'll take all three.


Outkast - "SpottieOttieDopaliscious"
Dayuuum, dayuuum, dayuuum, day-day-day-day-day...


BONUS Double Feature:
The Beatles - "Got to Get You into My Life"
Released in 1966 on the album Revolver, this romantic ditty was written to Mary Jane, from Paul McCartney (yes, he admitted this fact).


Earth, Wind & Fire - "Got to Get You into My Life"
In 1978, Earth, Wind & Fire brassed it up and made it sexy. I have trouble deciding which one I like better.

No comments:

Post a Comment