Friday, April 22, 2011

Favorite 420 Jams



Imogen Heap - "Hide And Seek"
You don't just hear this song in your ears—you can feel it ringing in your sinuses as well and some especially resonant bits go all the way down into your abdomen.

Throbbing Gristle - "Hot on the Heels of Love"
When I'm high this song seems like a musical version of those little candy buttons that come on sheets of paper.

My Bloody Valentine - "Only Shallow"
Ever notice that this song is just the same verse three times? Only each time the backing vocal (the "ooh-ooh") becomes louder. It is as though you were wandering closer and closer to the throbbing heart of Loveless. It is as though Loveless sees you wince with pain as you step into it and feel the sheets of white noise, and wants to draw you into itself, perhaps against your better judgment, so it can finally embrace you with open arms.

Autechre - "Eutow"
This song is like getting a full-body massage.

Boards of Canada - "Roygbiv"
There was a whole semester in college when all I did was get high and walk around listening to this song and this song only. "Roygbiv" might be the most perfect little song I've ever heard in my life. It takes me to places I normally only access in sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment