Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Happy Holidays, Stay Jazzy

It's 4:20 pm on the East Coast. Happy holidays everyone, enjoy these tracks while remaining within the bounds of local, state, and federal laws. Or, go ahead and consume America's number 1 cash crop, your call.

The Streets - "The Irony of It All"
Before Mike Skinner graduated to true fame and rapping about "prang", he was a mild-mannered Gran Turismo champ, comparing the relative societal harms of beer and weed. Silly and caricatured as it is, he's got a point.

"My name's Tim and I'm a criminal. In the eyes of society I should be in jail. For the choice of herbs I inhale. This ain't no wholesale operation, just a few eighths and some Playstations, my vocation."



Rasputin Stash - "Hit It and Pass It"
I picked up this record based on the cover alone, and this song is a jam about the characters you might encounter around the circle, the song title being what you tell 'em.

"How do you feel, when the man next to you, HOGS the smoke?"



Dr. Dre - "Xxplosive"
The Chronic 2001 could have given several tracks to this list, but I chose this one for the soulful Nate Dogg bit. (Still in mourning- Nate R.I.P.)

"Real trees....chronic leaves....no seeds...."


Fraternity of Man - "Don't Bogart That Joint"
Good etiquette.

"Don't bogart that joint, my friend. Pass it over to me."


Devin the Dude - "Doobie Ashtray"
Man, Devin the Dude really tears at the heartstrings on this one. A hard luck story with a happy ending.

"Somebody had the nerve to take the herb up out my doobie ashtray, why they do me that way?"




Finally, this one speaks for itself:

Peter Tosh - "Legalize It"

No comments:

Post a Comment