Saturday, May 14, 2011

May Mudmix



Taking a little break from the track reviews. Among those who post on this blog, I think I'm the only one who's still an undergrad in college. Kinda sucks. The year just ended though, and I'm looking forward to a nice summer of whatever. Of course summers inevitably reach that point where you get pretty tired of break and the structure of my senior year of college will seem appealing for some odd reason. That point hasn't hit yet. I finished my last final on wednesday, got thai food for dinner that night with some buds, spent the next day in New York, saw a taping of the Daily Show, headed to Chinatown to catch the very very impressive Shabazz Palaces show with some good company, packed up my belongings, and am now staying up late before I catch a Megabus from Philly to DC tomorrow afternoon. A good start to hopefully a memorable summer. So here's a summery mix - all pretty straighforward; just nice catchy tunes. so go get out your favorite tank top, call up your bros, get your backwards hat and a frisbee, don't forget the croakies for your sunglasses, and soak up some chill vibes, brah! gnarly! rad!

pavement - summer babe [winter version]
frank sinatra - summer wind
harlem - caroline
king tubby & aggrovators - summer's eve
beach fossils - golden age
shlohmo - empty pools
flying lotus - ankleboybackyard
the stanley brothers - sunny side of the mountain
ghostface killah, slick rick, raekwon & rza - the sun
bob & fred - i'll be on my way
os brazoes - espiral
34:13
it's summer, brah! chill!

No comments:

Post a Comment